Thursday, May 17, 2012

Altered Ego Cosmetics: first impressions and swatches!

This review is long overdue, I apologize to Altered Ego for that. I was meant to review them a long time ago, and to be honest, the reason why I haven't is that, for a while, I took on more than I could handle. On the bright side, I've had plenty of time to try these eye shadows and form opinions about them :)

My conclusion: I absolutely love them! The swatches below are of the first seven Altered Ego shadows I got, I have since ordered more, and I will swatch those soon as well. 

From left - right: Wino, The Angriest Pixie, Aura, Routine & Undertow


From left - right: Nakee & Sharp Shooter


Altered Ego describes these colors as follows:
Wino - "a gorgeous deep burgundy color. It truly looks like a rich, red wine!"
The Angriest Pixie - "a shimmery Barbie pink"
Aura - "a medium purple with pink undertones and tons of purple and pink shimmer"
Routine - "a dark gray with tons of purple shimmer"
Undertow - "Just like an undertow, this color will surprise you again and again with its intense, bright color and awesome array of blue and purple sparkles!"
Nakee - "a very light shimmery purple-pink shade but on some skin tones, it may look more nude"
Sharp Shooter - "a shimmery brown-beige with pink undertones"

These eye shadows are all gorgeous! As usual, the pictures don't do them justice; you really have to see them in real life to understand just how beautiful they are. They're also very easy to work with, easy to blend, and when used over a primer they stay on all day. 

Out of these seven, Wino, Aura and Nakee are my favorites (I love my reds and purples, you'll know that by now...). I can honestly say that Nakee is one of my most worn neutral eye shadows, I find that I can pretty much incorporate it into any look. It looks great as an all over wash, a lid color or even a highlight. And I often use it to blend out darker shadows.

I really can't recommend these eye shadows enough. The quality is great, they have many beautiful colors to choose from, and they only cost $2.95 each (3 gram jar), which is very affordable, even compared to other indie makeup brands. You can get them at Altered Ego's web shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AlteredEgoCosmetics. The current TAT is 2 to 7 days.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Thanks so much for the amazing swatches! We <3 your blog!

    ReplyDelete