Thursday, December 6, 2012

Lumikki Cosmetics eyeshadow swatches

I got these shadows a long time ago... I can't remember exactly when, but it was when I lived in my old apartment so it's at least 10 months ago. I was buying tons of makeup at the time, and I still haven't tried some of it (yes, I'm embarrased to admit it). Anyway, I happened to see the most amazingly beautiful eyeshadow on Etsy today - and it was by Lumikki Cosmetics. It reminded me of the eyeshadows I'd already bought from them. And, I promised my friends in NTMS to swatch all of them asap ;)

The following eyeshadows are all swatched over Concrete Minerals ElectricEye Primer (which, by the way, I'm not very fond of).

Marshmallow - Canary - Fairy Dust - Petticoat

Fairy Dust - Petticoat - Jersey Shore

Jersey Shore - Turkish Delight - Boojie

Labyrinth - Peter Pan - Green Knight - Freyja

Green Knight - Freyja - Nazareth - Tinwoman - Morticia

Tinwoman - Morticia - Victorian Gold - Irish Gold

In my opinion, the Concrete Minerals primer really didn't do them justice, so I decided to swatch four of my favorites over Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy instead. Just to show you how much of a difference a good base can make...

Freyja - Nazareth - Tinwoman - Morticia

And some close-ups:

Freyja and Nazareth

Tinwoman and Morticia

Like most shimmery and glittery eyeshadows, they look so much better over a tacky base.

Out of these, Nazareth really stood out to me in terms of opacity. Even without primer, it goes on perfectly even and opaque (which is pretty rare, especially for really bright and strong colors).

Freyja, Tinwoman and Morticia are even sparklier than they appear in the photos. Morticia will make an awesome liner!

Lumikki Cosmetics are having a 20% off Christmas Sale at the moment (until December 22), so definitely check them out here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/lumikkicosmetics.

4 comments:

  1. Morticia is sooooooper pretty! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, thanks for sharing! The sparkle in Morticia really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the swatches! I just placed my order (Thanks to you!!) and now I wish I had picked up a few more colors! Turkish Delight looks like a gorgeous neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the warm tones <3
    And the swatches match your top pattern, the one you are wearing in the picture of the blog background :D

    ReplyDelete