Tuesday, June 12, 2012

H&M Vivid Eyeshadows

I went to H&M last week, and they had quite a few things on sale. So I picked up this 4-in-1 eyeshadow called Vivid Eyeshadows for 20SEK, which is pretty damn cheap! It's quite big (the packaging is the same as their standard blush packaging), so I thought if the quality is nice, it's really good value for money.

I usually don't buy makeup at H&M. Last time I did I was quite disappointed, but that was in the early 2000s so things could have changed since. 

Now, you guys probably know that I'm not the biggest fan of blue eyeshadow, but I quite like this one. I think it'll be pretty as a pop of color in an otherwise neutral look. I haven't tried that yet, but I have worn the shadows. I wore them over my Urban Decay Primer Potion, as usual, and the staying power was pretty impressive. I usually don't have a problem with creasing, but I kind of expected some creasing with these considering that I was so disappointed with the last H&M eyeshadows I tried. I'm glad these proved me wrong :)

The pigmentation of these shadows is okay. It's definitely not great, but considering how cheap they were, I can't really complain. As with all eyeshadows, the color payoff is a lot better over a white base. You will need a white base if you want these colors to pop.

These eyeshadows are definitely better than the other ones I've tried by H&M, so there has been some improvement over the past 10 years, but I still wouldn't recommend these shadows (unless you're on a budget and really can't spend more money on makeup). You can get samples of similar colors from many indie companies, for example BFTE, that will have a lot better color payoff and still be pretty cheap. That's my recommendation ;)

H&M Vivid Eyeshadows



1 comment:

  1. Hmm I've never tried HM makeup before.. the palette is really pretty to look at though :) I find it hard to beat my BFTE, I just keep going back no matter what else I try<3

    ReplyDelete