Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bad Bitch Cosmetics: first impressions and swatches!

I recently placed an order with an indie makeup company called Bad Bitch Cosmetics. They don't have that many products to choose from, but the ones the do have look gorgeous on the site so I decided to give their eyeshadows a try. You can buy 3 full size eyeshadows of your choice for $10.25, which I thought was a good deal, so I placed an order for Barracuda, Hotaru and Vianne. And I also bought their eyeshadow primer.

I got my order pretty quickly. I don't remember exactly how long it took for my package to arrive, but I'm sure it was under two weeks, so I'm pleased with that. 

Now, I was so sure that I was going to love these shadows - the colors I got are amazing! Looking at them in the jars, they are some of the most beautiful eyeshadows I own. So, imagine my disappointment when I swatched them and noticed that I couldn't get them to swatch nicely for the life of me.

I swatched these shadows in exactly the same way as all the others on my blog - dry over my e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer. And I spent a long time trying to get these swatches to look as nice as possible. While it might look as though I've applied them very lightly in some places, I swear that I haven't. I really packed the color on, and I still couldn't get these shadows to look as opaque as I would like them.

Out of these three, Vianne is definitely the easiest to work with. I'm almost happy with it, even though it came out a little bit uneven. Barracuda is an absolutely stunning color, but, unfortunately, it's a nightmare to work with. I mean, just look at the pictures below - does that middle swatch look good to you? I'm guessing not. It just would not go on evenly, regardless of how much I blended and how much shadow I added, which is really frustrating!

Hotaru actually went on pretty evenly. My only problem with it is how sheer it is. Like I said, I packed on as much shadow as I could, and I could still see my skin through it. And I do not want a color that dark to go on that sheer.  

So, to sum it up, I absolutely love the colors of these shadows, but I'm very disappointed with the way they look once I've applied them. Unless I can find a way to make these shadows work, I doubt that I will be buying more. I will say though, that I am willing to try a lot of things to make them work for me, cause I really am amazed at how gorgeous these colors are...

From left - right: Vianne, Barracuda & Hotaru

In different lighting :)

I will review the primer another time... I still have to make up my mind about that one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment