Friday, November 4, 2011

Madison Street Beauty: first impressions & swatches!

Today I'm going to tell you about my experience with Madison Street Beauty. I want to start off with a little bit of background info...

I had been on MSB's website plenty of times, but I hadn't bought anything from them. Then one day I saw that they were having a sale on Heartsy, and I couldn't resist the offer ($21 worth of products for $10), so I decided to finally try their products. Before I placed my order, I looked for swatches of the shadows, like I always do, and came across a couple of reviews.

Now these reviews made me worried. The swatches were not impressive, and apparently, both these girls had received jars that were sealed with electrical tape, which gave me a bad impression. Also, both of them claimed that these products were repackaged pigments with little to no base.  Needless to say, I wasn't as excited about trying their products anymore. But since I had already bought that voucher, I ordered some of their shadows anyway.

The things I ordered arrived really quickly - it only took a week for me to get them, which is very quick considering that they were sent from the US to Sweden. So, I opened the package, expecting to find jars sealed with black tape. But I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were shrink wrapped - looking just as professional as I'd like them to look:  


Now, to be honest, I'm not sure if I could tell the difference between a hand made eyeshadow and a repackaged pigment - I'm very new to mineral makeup and, as far as I know, I've never seen/used a straight up pigment without a base before, so I don't know what signs to look for. What I can say though it that the MSB eyeshadows that I bought are very beautiful, and in my opinion they swatch really nicely! Here are all of them, swatched over e.l.f.'s Mineral Eyeshadow Primer (just like all the other swatches on my blog):

From left - right: Emerald, Carnation & Parisian Pink

In different lighting :) 

From left - right: Champagne, Antique Rose & Chestnut

In different lighting :) 

I can only speak for myself, and my experience with Madison Street Beauty has been very positive. I think the shadows are beautiful (I love the colors!), and the TAT was really good. I don't know if she's made any changes to her products, or if I just happened to choose colors that look a lot better swatched than the ones I've seen in other reviews, and I'm not going to speculate. I just wanted to tell you about my experience with this company, and I would love to know about your experiences! 

Have you bought/tried anything from Madison Street Beauty? If so, were you happy with the quality of those products? I wanna know everything, so please leave me a comment if you've tried them :)

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this company, thanks for the review. Emerald is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty shades!! Great post!
    Now following!
    Check out my blog sometime!
    http://amy-beths.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you do swatches! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete